Nebar - Cork - Elastomer Jointings
Rubber bonded cork gasket material is a unique product. Despite
over 50 years of service it possesses properties which mean that
for many applications it is still the preferred or only choice.
Blending rubber and cork endows the product with the advantages
of both parent materials. Throught careful monitoring of cork
quality and selection of elastomers, properties can be tailored
to provide the required characteristics.
The wide range of standard products available within the Nebar
range covers a broad spectrum of applications. Full technical
support is available from James Walker making it easy to specify
Nebar as part of an existing or new design of assembly.
Key features and benefits of Nebar cork elastomer
- Better long term stress retention properties than plain rubbers.
- A wide range of chemical compatibility (See Chart for full
- Extensive range of standard products to suit the majority
- Good creep resistance.
- High levels of thermal and vibration insulation.
- Good conformability grades available to accommodate
flanges and faces with high levels of deviation.
- Liquid jointing compounds are not required.
- Dimensionally stable through a wide range of operating conditions.
- Easy to cut and work to form shaped gaskets.
- High co-efficient of friction.
- Generally available ex-stock