Metaflex® Spiral Wound Gaskets
Click here to read the product description
for Metaflex® Spiral Wound gaskets
James Walker Metaflex® spiral wound gaskets
are designed to seal flanges where temperature, pressure, vibration
or flow rates are beyond the capability of conventional jointing
- Wound in V-section metal strip and a softer filler material,
to present flange surfaces with a spiral of alternate
- Combinations of metal strip and fillers are selected
to suit fluid media and operating conditions
- Strip materials include various stainless steels, nickel
alloys, copper, titanium and zirconium
- Fillers include HTF (to 1000°C), compressed fibre,
expanded graphite, PTFE, aluminium and lead
- Support rings, inside and/or outside of spiral, make
gaskets suitable for high line pressure (ie, 350bar)
- Standard shapes: circular, obround, square, oval and
diamond. Non-standard shapes made to order.
Metaflex® Spiral Wound gaskets are used
worldwide for pipelines and pressures vessels on steam, petrochemical,
nuclear, marine and hydraulic plant, as well as on heat exchangers.
They are supplied as standard for flange types: ASME/ANSI B16.5,
BS1560, BS10, API 650, MSS SP 44, BS4504, DIN, JIS and NF.
- for limited bolt loadings
- Spiral wound gaskets that give maximum sealing efficiency
at limited bolt stress (ie, 25,000lb/in2), as recommended
for some materials in ASME code
- For Classes 150 and 300 flanges on pipelines
- Pressure tested to 200bar - significantly higher than
the normal operating limit of the flanges.